Want to make a difference in the lives of youth athletes? Help create Better Athletes, Better People by bringing the Positive Coaching Alliance message to coaches, parents and athletes in the SF Bay Area region.
Position: Partner Support Manager – San Francisco Bay Area (San Jose, CA)
About Positive Coaching Alliance
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) (www.positivecoach.org) is a national nonprofit organization founded at the Stanford University Department of Athletics in 1998 committed to creating a Development Zone™ culture in high school and youth sports where the goal becomes to develop Better Athletes, Better People. PCA takes a systems approach to work with youth sports leaders, coaches, parents and athletes to use the youth sports experience to teach young athletes positive character traits and life lessons.
Through partnerships with more than 3,000 schools and youth sports organizations (YSOs), PCA has conducted 15,000+ live workshops for leaders, coaches, parents and athletes (more than 2,200 live workshops in 2015 alone).
PCA is headquartered in Mountain View (CA), with 17 Chapters in Central Texas, Chicago, Cleveland, Colorado, Hawaii, Houston, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New England, New York City, North Texas, Phoenix, Portland (OR), Sacramento, Seattle, SF Bay Area, and Tampa Bay and soon to open Chapters in Atlanta and DC.
The Partner Support Manager is responsible for assisting the PCA – SF Bay Area office with the development and management of PCA partnerships. The Partner Support Manager - San Francisco Bay Area will report to the Executive Director – SF Bay Area, and work closely with the Partnership Manager and the PCA Senior Manager of Support Manager.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills: Must be able to multi-task effectively and have strong time management skills
- Proven initiative/self-starter
- Strong computer skills
- Passion for the PCA mission
- Requires occasional travel, week night and weekend work
- Coaching or other experience with youth sports is strongly desirable
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Partnership Development Responsibilities; Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Event coordination (i.e. Coffee with the Coaches)
- Market research to be used to prospect for new PCA partnership prospects
- Initial outreach – emails and cold calls
- Administrative support (contract creation, Salesforce support)
- Account management
- Maintain pro-active relationship with all Partners & Clients (athletic directors and youth sports leaders)
- Scheduling and completing Launch calls
- Scheduling workshops for coaches, student - athletes
- Online partner support (usage reports, etc.)
- 3rd Party partner development, including outreach to potential partners
- Assist with the DGC and TIC awards, especially the nomination process (promotion and administrative)
- Represent PCA at special events and PR opportunities
- Foster high level of morale & commitment towards PCA
- Manage chapter Facebook and Twitter Accounts
- Be informed about Bay Area youth and high school sports issues
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation: Salary + bonus for this position will be in the mid-$40s range
PCA provides competitive benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision
- 12 days of vacation starting first year
- 11 holidays a year
- 403(b) retirement plan
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you located in the San Francisco Metro Area? Yes or No?
2. Why are you passionate about the PCA mission?
3. Why are you right for this position?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ