Want to make a difference in the lives of youth athletes? Help create Better Athletes, Better People by bringing the Positive Coaching Alliance message to coaches, parents and athletes in the Seattle area.
Position: Partnership Manager – Seattle (Seattle, WA)
About Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA):
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) (www.positivecoach.org) is a national nonprofit organization founded at the Stanford University Department of Athletics in 1998 committed to creating a Development Zone™ culture in high school and youth sports where the goal becomes to develop Better Athletes, Better People. PCA takes a systems approach to work with youth sports leaders, coaches, parents and athletes to use the youth sports experience to teach young athletes positive character traits and life lessons.
Through partnerships with more than 3,000 schools and youth sports organizations (YSOs), PCA has conducted 15,000+ live workshops for leaders, coaches, parents and athletes (more than 2,200 live workshops in 2015 alone).
PCA is headquartered in Mountain View (CA), with 15 Chapters in Central Texas, Chicago, Cleveland, Colorado, Hawaii, Houston, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New England, New York City, North Texas, Phoenix, Portland (OR), Sacramento, SF Bay Area, and Tampa Bay and soon to open Chapters in Atlanta and Seattle. PCA also has sales offices in Philadelphia and Washington D.C.
The Partnership Manager – Seattle is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, developing and closing partnership opportunities in the Seattle area. Key in this process is demonstrating the value of PCA programs for youth sport organizations (YSOs) and schools, resulting in an increased PCA Partnership base. The Partnership Manager - Seattle will report to the Chapter Executive Director - Seattle and the National Director of Partner Development.
* Sales focused: Successful Sales/Business Development experience in service industry
* Strong cold calling, negotiating and closing skills
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
* Confident presentation skills (phone and in person, including board presentations)
* Strong organizational skills: Must be able to multi-task effectively and have strong time management skills
* Conceptual selling skill is a plus; Must understand the products and position them with prospects
* Proven initiative/self-starter
* Passion for the PCA mission
* Requires occasional travel, week night and weekend work
* Coaching or other experience with youth sports is strongly desirable
* Strong computer skills
* College degree a plus
Partnership Development Responsibilities; Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
* Prospect for partnership leads (New partners will make up over 90% of overall sales)
* Identify key decision makers and the approval process within organizations
* Add quality prospects to existing pipeline on a weekly basis, requiring cold outreach
* Present PCA service options in multiple settings, including board meetings
* Negotiate and close partnerships with YSOs and Schools
* Maintain pro-active relationship with all Partners & Clients
* Foster high level of morale & commitment towards PCA
* Represent PCA at special events and PR opportunities
* Other duties as assigned
* Base salary, plus commission and bonus structure with expected total compensation at goal to be between $50,000-$55,000 in year one
* Salary commensurate with experience
* There is no cap on commission
PCA provides competitive benefits:
* Medical, dental and vision
* Long term disability
* Life Insurance
* 403(b) retirement plan
* 11 holidays a year
* 12 vacation days and 12 sick days starting first year
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What interests you about this position?
2. YES/NO: I have 1-2 years of previous sales experience. If YES, please describe. How much revenue did you generate?
3. YES/NO: I have previous coaching experience in youth sports. If YES, please describe.
4. YES/NO: I have participated in youth sports as a player. If YES, in which sports and at what levels?
5. Please describe your connection to the local community. If applicable, please include any membership organizations you are involved in.
6. YES/NO: I aspire to be a sales professional. IF YES, what interests you about sales?
7. YES/NO: I have previous experience working with non-profits. If YES, please describe.
8. YES/NO: I have previous experience using CRM systems. If YES, please describe.
9. Why are you passionate about the PCA mission?
10. Why are you right for this position?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ