Want to make a difference in the lives of youth athletes? Help create Better Athletes, Better People by bringing the Positive Coaching Alliance message to coaches, parents and athletes in Colorado.
Position: Partnership Manager – Colorado (Denver, CO)
About Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA)
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) develops BETTER ATHLETES, BETTER PEOPLE through resources for youth and high school sports coaches, parents, administrators and student-athletes. In addition to 1,000+ free audio-video and printable tips and tools at www.PCADevZone.org, PCA has partnered with roughly 3,500 schools and youth sports organizations nationwide to deliver live group workshops, online courses and books by PCA Founder Jim Thompson that help those involved in youth and high school sports create a positive, character-building youth sports culture.
PCA resources, which have reached more than 8.6 million youth, strive to transform high school and youth sports into a Development ZoneTM culture, where the goal is to develop Better Athletes, Better People and the following become the prevailing models in youth and high school sports:
- The Double-Goal Coach®, who strives to win while also pursuing the more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports
- The Second-Goal Parent®, who concentrates on life lessons, while letting coaches and athletes focus on competing
- The Triple-Impact Competitor®, who strives to impact sport by improving oneself, teammates and the game as a whole.
PCA gains support from a National Advisory Board, including National Spokesperson and 11-time NBA Champion Coach Phil Jackson, and many other top coaches, athletes, organization leaders and academics who share PCA’s mission.
The Partnership Manager – Colorado is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, developing and closing partnership opportunities in Colorado. Key in this process is demonstrating the value of PCA programs for youth sport organizations (YSOs) and schools, resulting in an increased PCA Partnership base. The Partnership Manager – Colorado will report to the Chapter Executive Director – Colorado and the National Director of Partner Development.
- Sales focused: Successful Sales/Business Development experience in service industry
- Strong cold calling, negotiating and closing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Confident presentation skills (phone and in person, including board presentations)
- Strong organizational skills: Must be able to multi-task effectively and have strong time management skills
- Conceptual selling skill is a plus; Must understand the products and position them with prospects
- Proven initiative/self-starter
- Passion for the PCA mission
- Requires occasional travel, week night and weekend work
- Coaching or other experience with youth sports is strongly desirable
- Strong computer skills
- College degree a plus
Partnership Development Responsibilities; Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect for partnership leads (New partners will make up over 50% of overall sales)
- Identify key decision makers and the approval process within organizations
- Add quality prospects to existing pipeline on a weekly basis, requiring cold outreach
- Present PCA service options in multiple settings, including board meetings
- Negotiate and close partnerships with YSOs and Schools
- Maintain pro-active relationship with all Partners & Clients
- Foster high level of morale & commitment towards PCA
- Represent PCA at special events and PR opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Base salary, plus commission and bonuses with expected total compensation at goal to be between $55,000-$60,000 in year one
- Base Salary commensurate with experience
- There is no cap on commission
PCA provides competitive benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision
- 12 days of vacation and 12 sick days starting first year
- 11 holidays a year
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Long Term disability
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What interests you about this position?
2. YES/NO: I have 1-2 years of previous sales experience. If YES, please describe. How much revenue did you generate?
3. YES/NO: I have previous coaching experience in youth sports. If YES, please describe.
4. YES/NO: I have participated in youth sports as a player. If YES, in which sports and at what levels?
5. Please describe your connection to the local community. If applicable, please include any membership organizations you are involved in.
6. YES/NO: I aspire to be a sales professional. IF YES, what interests you about sales?
7. YES/NO: I have previous experience working with non-profits. If YES, please describe.
8. YES/NO: I have previous experience using CRM systems. If YES, please describe.
9. Why are you passionate about the PCA mission?
10. Why are you right for this position?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ